Arc 2, Chapter 45: Behind the Mask...?

TW: Guns, immense distress, death, dead bodies.

———

"I still think this is a fucking horrible Idea..." Knife muttered quietly to the side.

"Everything will be fine dude... Just— try to act like you did before...?" Pickle smiled nervously beneath the mask.

"Yeah, yeah..." he huffed and tried to play his part.

Pickle signalled for Microphone to go search elsewhere.

Microphone snuck off and briskly walked past high tech metal doors and pearly white tiled hallways. This place was like a maze from hell, which in a way... It was.

Pickle dragged Knife, many stopping and staring at the sight before them. The scientists were surprised that they already found another potential subject.

Pickle tried to keep a direct and stern demeanour to avoid suspicion. Knife continued to pretend to play damsel in distress, though he hated it. It was necessary.

After waking down hallways filled with many scientists and intimidating guards, all equipped with weapons. Pickle could feel sweat form beneath the suit he was wearing, his face did not reflect the act he was putting on.

He was eventually stopped by security. They walked up and inspected his uniform. They backed off and looked at Knife for a few moments.

"I caught the subject in the forest... Boss told me to take him here with the other." Pickle informed a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face actively. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest from anxiety and fear.

"Why didn't we get notified?" They asked, one of the guards crossed their arms.

"There was another potential subject, most of the others went to look for them. I was told to take him on my own." Pickle quickly said, trying his best to hide his nervousness. "I suppose boss didn't have time to notify you."

"And you're alone? Just you...?" The guard asked skeptically, cocking their head to the side. "That's a safety hazard. The subject could escape."

"No— no. He listens... He's been scared silly." He joked slightly. The guard doesn't laugh and instead tapped the side of his arm with his fingers.

Pickle became more nervous with the thick silence.

"I'll take him to the cells then... We've had a few reports and sightings of other objects in the area. We suspect them to be spies, so if you could head over to security I'll notify your boss on the situation." The guard pointed down the hallway to their left. "Don't worry. Your pay will be compensated."

Pickle flinched slightly. He'd have to say yes, and then he and Knife would be separated...! What if Knife was tortured...?! Or worse?! Pickle took a silent but shaky breath and opened his mouth to speak. "Alright. Understood."

Knife looked back at him, giving an look of 'this isn't the plan!!!' Sadly. It was the only choice available now.

Pickle reluctantly handed off Knife to the guard. They took him and one of the other guards showed Pickle to the security room with a bunch of other objects watching the forest cameras and previous footage.

Pickle walked in and leaned against the back wall trying to be invisible. He had no idea what he was doing— There was so many people! And Knife was in huge danger now... Pickle fiddled with his hands nervously.

Eventually someone walked up to him and told him what cameras to monitor. He chuckled nervously, but tried to seem professional and friendly. He then walked over to where he was supposed to, and sat in front of the screens with a nervous glare.