25. Whatever It Takes

A friend missing

[Y/N POV]

Kenji cheers. "Yes! Yes we are saved!!"

"But are we?" Ben asks me.

I bite my lip worriedly

Kenji runs back to stop the engine.

Darius goes after him. "Wait, Kenji!"

I turn to Ben. "I'm not really getting good-guy vibes here."

He nods, agreeing, and takes my hand, pulling me to the captain's deck, where everyone else is arguing about whether or not to trust the people.

"-I mean, unmarked chopper, big scary guns..." Yaz trails off meaningfully

"Oh I'm sorry, what would you bring to rescue a bunch of kids?" Kenji asks sarcastically

"He's got a point," Caleb says

(loud thunderclap)

"Well, the sea is pretty rough." Sammy whimpers

I don't want to listen to them argue anymore. It's wasting time.

"We need to leave Nublar now." I say to Ben quietly and he nods in agreement.

But Brooklyn has other plans. "All right then. We take our chances with the people in the helicopter?"

Everyone except for, me, Ben, and Yaz raise their hands.

The three of us exchange frustrated glances, but we can't do anything.

Kenji forebodingly turns the boat around with a worried expression, just like everyone else's faces.

The boat reaches the dock, and Brooklyn anchors it to the wood. I hop out with Ben, his hand in mine.

Through the darkness, I see the helicopter land. A man in a heavy-looking, army-like suit comes out with a large gun.

"I see your point," Ben whispers to me.

"November Echo 7-6-5, we found a bunch of kids" the woman in the helicopter says to the walkie-talkie.
"Please advice. Over. Repeat, we have children here. Please advice"

Ben, Sammy, Kenji, and Caleb run into the helicopter, with a man in a heavy suit grabbing their arms and helping them up.

"What are you kids doing out here?"

"Long story!"

"Too long!"

"Way too long!"

I hear Ben from inside the helicopter. "Wait, if you're not here to rescue us, then why are you here?"

I frown, confused.

Just as the man reaches out to Brooklyn, loud thudding is heard

The T-Rex roars loudly at us.

Frightened, the woman in the helicopter takes off, leaving Brooklyn, Darius, Yaz, me, and the man behind on the ground.

With the T-Rex.

Which bites the helicopter on the bottom edge, tilting it dangerously.

The helicopter eventually brakes off the T-Rex's bite, flying off into the distance.

Running to the edge of the dock, the man starts waving frantically. "Wait! Stop!"

The T-Rex stomps towards him and chomps him up before he could even grip the woman's hand into the chopper.