19. Casa De Kenji

The Kon Collection

[Caleb POV]

Kenji peeps out of the captain's deck.
"Hurry up Darius! With the engine off, we're gonna be swept out to sea, or smashed on the rocks"

Sammy and I pull Darius up with the rope he's attached to once he's done dangling by the edge of the boat and patching up the hole.

Darius lands on the deck with a thud. "We gotta fix that hole, or gas would be the least of our problems."

Kenji climbs down the ladder. "I thought having no GPS was the least of our problems."

"Yeah and uh, not to add to the gloom and doom, but I'm pretty sure we're also sinking." Yaz stands up from a couch unsteadily.

"Nah. We're just riding low in the water cause of..." Kenji points to Sunbeam and Bumpy.

Ben and Y/N glare at him.

"Do not listen to him. You are perfect the way you are." Ben whispers to Bumpy.

"You too, Sunbeam" Y/N says in a hushed voice

"Isn't there some non dino-infested dock we can get to?" I ask.

Brooklyn comes walking to us, her eyes focused on a map. "The closest one is on the other side of the island. We'll never make it."

Sammy sighs. "We're gloomed and doomed"

Out of the blue, Kenji yelps, "Ha! Hold up! There is another dock not far from here. A private dock that's not on any map! The dock near... The Pee-House!"
Kenji flares his arm dramatically.

Awkward Silence

"I went before we left." Ben says uncertainly.

A small giggle escapes Y/N's mouth, causing Ben's face to light up with a wide smile when he thinks no one is looking.

Honestly, I have a feeling that Ben likes Y/N, but I don't know if she likes him back. She's never exactly shown much signs.

Maybe I should try to talk to Ben to tell her, but he doesn't seem to like me much. I think he suspects that I like her, but I honestly don't. I actually just want to see them get together.

The giggle eases the awkwardness.

Kenji shakes his head with bewilderment. "No not the...
My dad's penthouse! There's a private pier and everything!"

"And you're just now telling us this?"

"Okay, well, maybe I forgot." Kenji admits. "But now we have a magical key card to open it so... meh."

"That penthouse can have everything we need in it!" Darius says excitedly.

"We'll have everything we need. My dad's a fan of boats and stuff. He's got all sorts of nautical junk."

"To the P-House!" Darius yells joyfully

"To the P-House!" We echo happily.

•·•

The boat docks on a forgotten dock streamed with litter.

"That's it. That's the last of our gas." I observe the small round screen.

Kenji puts his arm around me. "Totally worth it, because you're about to see the most exclusive spot on the island!"

Hopping down from the boat, Kenji runs ahead, leaving us walking behind him. He approaches some green scooters and hands one each to us. Ben refuses his and says that he'd ride on Bumpy instead, who is beside Sunbeam.