iii.| 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘰𝘯

'✦ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹  DECEPTACON  ⋆⁺₊✧
by|Le Tigre

"A PROJECT ALREADY?" MIGUEL questioned, shooting his daughter a brief look of confusion as he pulled up into the driveway in the empty space next to Jackie's car

"A PROJECT ALREADY?" MIGUEL questioned, shooting his daughter a brief look of confusion as he pulled up into the driveway in the empty space next to Jackie's car. He put the truck in stop, pulling the keys out of the key hole. "Back when I was in my freshman year I didn't have any big projects until at least October."

Olivia climbed out of the passenger side of the truck, her backpack hanging loosely off of one shoulder. "Yeah. It's also a group project."

"What's this project about?" Miguel asked, climbing out of the vehicle as well, locking it as soon as both doors were closed.

Olivia shrugged, "Savannah."

"Savannah?" Miguel repeated uneasily, his muscles growing tight with tension. The sudden shift in his demeanor was unusual compared to his typical playful mannerisms. And Olivia noticed immediately.

Olivia arched a brow at her father as she climbed up the few steps of the front porch. "Uh, yeah." 'Was now a good time to mention the field trip?' She thought to herself, examining her father as he climbed up onto the porch as well. He still looked tense just by the mention of Savannah. 'Yeah . . . Probably not.'

Olivia opened the front door, entering the one-story home with her father trailing behind. Jackie stepped out of the kitchen, rounding the corner with a smile on her face at the sight of the two.

"How was your first day of school?" Jackie questioned, trying to at least make small talk with the teenage girl who was kicking off her shoes by the front door.

"It was okay." Olivia answered, not meaning to sound as blunt as she had.

"That's good." Jackie nodded, her smile faltering.

"Mm." Olivia hummed, her blue eyes darting over to look at Miguel who was leaned against the back of the couch, untying his boots. Now that both of her parents were there, it was probably best to tell them about the field trip regardless of her father's odd behavior. It was unlikely that she'd catch another opportunity. "There's also another thing. My project also has a field trip and I figured I could go? If that's okay? Taylor and Tyler are going and my teacher said it would boost my grade–"

"Wait." Jackie cut her off, furrowing her brows in confusion. "A field trip? Where to?"

"Savannah?" Miguel asked, his expression almost as if he were hoping to be wrong.

"Yeah." Olivia mumbled, sensing the tension that hung in the air after her word of confirmation.

Jackie and Miguel exchanged wary and unsure glances and Olivia had a feeling that she might not be going on the field trip.