Chapter 6

Roxanne's (P.O.V)

I was really surprised to see Sunny at the beach. When I saw her car I almost didn't believe it was her. I saw her Volkswagen at the beach all the time and I didn't think it was her car. I had remembered seeing the little domino decorations she had hanging up in the front area of her car when we were talking in the parking lot yesterday, and when I saw that I realized it really was her.

We've both been going to the same place all this time and we didn't know.

I was glad Sunny was able to play volleyball with us because Joey and Ethan bailed on us at the last minute.

Ethan had said something about him stealing money from a couple guys on the baseball team, and when they found out about it they gave him two options. One was to fight the boys, or tell the school about what happened and get him kicked out. Ethan chose the first choice and asked Joey if he could help him out, so I guess that's what they had been doing when we went to the beach.

I enjoyed playing volleyball with Sunny. Nothing weird happened this time, which I was really happy about.

Sunny had looked really good in just her shorts and sports bra. She looked like a sports model and a very beautiful girl. It was hard to look away from her sometimes.

She caught me staring at her a couple times today. She never said anything, but I hope she didn't think anything weird of it.

When we were having lunch and I told her I was gay she went silent, and my heart stopped for a quick second thinking it was because she was a homophobic. Though she calmed my fears when she said she wasn't one, so that made things a bit easier for me when I finally told her that I like her.

I did notice that her whole demeanor had changed when we parted ways. She was really upbeat and talkative when we were playing volleyball. That was the second time I've seen her come out of her shell, but when we were at Subway she was more quiet and it seemed like she wanted to say something important. Something had stopped her and sent her right back in her shell.

I don't know why I was so surprised when she said she had a boyfriend. Of course she would have a boyfriend, why wouldn't she? She was fucking gorgeous.

I guess I was just hoping that she was single.

It was hard to ignore the ping of jealousy I felt in my chest when she told me that she had a boyfriend, even now.

I arrived back at the beach sooner than I thought I would.

"There she is," Cody said once I made it back to our spot.

"Oh perfect! We were just packing up," Sandy chirped.

"Can we stay a little longer? I want to take a quick walk. I need to clear my head," I said while looking around. The place was now packed with people.

"Yeah, sure. Are you okay?" Sandy asked.

"She's probably just nervous about today," Cody said before I could reply.

"Why would I be nervous?" I was confused.

"Because of your doctor's appointment. You're going in to look at the test results" Sandy said as she waited for me to catch up.

I did a facepalm. "Oh yeah, that's right. I see doctor William today."

They both exchanged concerned looks.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Cody asked.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine. Like I said, I just need to clear my head," I said as I bit my bottom lip.