Genesis

Do you think man anticipated regret in their first moments? How did Cain cope with his murder of Abel? How did Daedalus react to the death of his son by his own creation? Where was God when man began to sob? Where was sorrow when men were engulfed in anger? 

And yet, we continue.
Good Morning.
Good Afternoon.
Good Evening.

Sorrow drives us. Drives us to live every single day. We regret every little thing, we sorrow and sob over every fault. Do you not feel angry? Don't you want vengeance?

Good Morning, Pride.

Everest's alarm blared obnoxiously, like a preachy speech about sorrow. His eyes peeled open, but still too early for the sun to peek through his blinds. He rose slowly from his bed and checked the clock:
5:00 am.

Little late for Mr Smith. He had too much planned today to be this late. He wasn't going to be late, but he couldn't risk skipping a day without deviating from his routine. After all, who could resist perfect blonde hair? Deep blue eyes to get lost in, a chin so sharp it could cut a finger open? He was absolutely, totally, undoubtedly, perfect. With absolutely no flaws. Absolutely none. 

See, unlike most men Everest "chooses" to surround himself with, he found someone. A girl, someone who loves him for his worth, someone who loves him. He's so absolutely ecstatic!

At Last! Someone who appreciates the effort I put into how I look! I don't remember the last time anyone's actually decided to compliment me!

Yet, he lies to himself. He believes his lies too, as does she.

She.

Good Morning, Lust.
*RIIIIIIIING*

...
*RIIIIIIIING*

"YO! ANGELIQUE! HELLO????"
"HellO? HELLO? WHAT?!"

Angelique sits up, sweating buckets. Screaming at her is her best friend: "T". Angelique lived in a small apartment. Miniscule, not something worth living in. If you can count it "living". You could barely fit a couch in the living room, let alone two beds. So, when Angelique takes her "Beauty Rest", T decides to get ready. T always takes a couple hours every morning meditating in front of her Chip, just to remind her how she's improved since her years as an alcoholic.

While Angelique gets out of bed, T readies her a bowl of cereal, while conversing:

"Who's calling? They've been trying for, like, 30 minutes now."
"Dude, I have no clue.. I was up late last night, I w-"

"You filthy liar! You LITERALLY SLEPT AT EIGHT."
"THAT'S LIKE 3 HOURS LATER THAN I DESERVE!"

Good Morning, Gluttony.

Angelique sits down, as T slides the bowl down. She leans onto the table and takes a sip of a freshly brewed coffee. 
Freshly Brewed. That means it costs money to brew. Money they don't have.

Angelique's eyes narrowed, as she slammed the table, startling T.

"..Where did you get that?"
"I made it. It's no big deal, I can brew y-"

"WE DON'T HAVE MONEY, T! YOU'RE LIVING LIKE I'M STILL BANGIN' KIDRICH!"
"IT'S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL- DO NOT TOUCH THIS."
"I'll touch what I WANT!"
Angelique jumped from her seat and wrestled with T. Her coffee is cold, oddly enough.  Wrestling for the mug, T's focus is on keeping this coffee out of her mouth.

"I WILL BREW YOU ANOTHER MUG!"           "WE WILL SHARE THIS FUCKING COFFEE."

T, realizing the only way to win this tussle, makes the ultimate sacrifice.
She throws the mug into the drain, spilling all the coffee down into a place they can't drink.
There goes $2.49.