i.| 𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩

'✦ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹  LUNA MOTH  ⋆⁺₊✧
by|Maya Hawke

"ASHLYN!" AN EIGHT YEAR old Olivia called out to her green-eyed best friend with a goofy grin pressed across her face

"ASHLYN!" AN EIGHT YEAR old Olivia called out to her green-eyed best friend with a goofy grin pressed across her face. Dark brown locks of hair cut short framed her round face and her blue eyes were bright with joy. In her hands she held a pack of glow in the dark stick on stars and she rushed over to Ashlyn who stood at the end of her friend's driveway. "Look what my dad got me at the store today!"

"Stars?" The ginger girl asked curiously, her braids hanging over her shoulders and headphones over her ears. It took a while for Olivia to learn that they were because Ashlyn's ears were sensitive to loud sounds. Ashlyn thought she probably looked weird but Olivia thought otherwise.

'Headphones are a good look for you!' Was what she often told the other girl and that seemed to be reassuring enough told from the smile Ashlyn would have on her freckled face every time.

"Yeah!" Olivia grinned. "Wanna help me stick them on my bedroom ceiling?"

•••

TWO WEEKS AGO
' from present time '
.
.
.

"I STILL DON'T KNOW why you haven't taken those down yet. They don't even glow anymore." Miguel spoke from where he stood leaning against the doorway of his daughter's bedroom, his own brown eyes fixed on the ceiling covered in glow in the dark stick on stars that didn't exactly glow in the dark anymore.

Olivia huffed from where she sat on her carpeted bedroom floor, skateboard in her lap as she fixed the broken wheel. "I just like them—"

"—that much?" Miguel finished, arching a brow as he turned his gaze toward her. "Do I really need to tell you how many times I've heard those words leave your mouth?"

"It's the truth." Olivia shrugged nonchalantly.

Miguel sighed. "Yeah, well, truth or not, it's your first day of high school and you're definitely not skateboarding there."

Olivia glanced up from what she was doing at that, a knowing look adorning her face. "It's the only way I can get to school. And I don't want to ride the bus... it's filled with a bunch of weirdos who yell over each other and leave trash everywhere."

Miguel held back a laugh at his daughter's words, although a chuckle escaped his lips. "Good to know you think so highly of buses." He joked, however seeing that his daughter wasn't laughing, he continued, "But lucky for you, I don't have to work today so I can drive you."