Arc 2, Chapter 31: I know you, But nice to meet you.

———

TW: ABUSE, FIGHTING.

———

Nickel walked down the stairs and hurried through the lobby. He heard chattering and panicking of the residents. He sighed to himself and walked into the living room. Once he entered, he could see the Pickle and Knife playing video games together. But... There was a...

Third player...?

He walked around the couch, expecting to see Silver playing or something. Only to freeze in shock upon seeing Earring. He froze and looked at him for a few moments.

Earring hadn't noticed Nickel yet. But, when he heard Knife say hi to Nickel he almost dropped his controller and pressed his back against the couch. His head then slowly turned to Nickel.

They were in an extremely awkward staring contest. The only sound that could be heard was the game that Pickle soon paused. Which left silence loud enough to kill.

Nickel's face molded into a bitter glare. And he turned his head, which made Earring panic. He placed his controller down and hopped off the couch.

"N-Nickel! Wait...!" He muttered in a sorrowful voice.

"What could you possibly have to say...?!" Nickel snapped with a tearful expression. He bit his lip and backed away. "Because I don't think there's anything to be said..."

"I want to say I'm sorry!" Earring cried. His face filled with regret and pain.

Nickel remained silent. Remembering the things that Earring had gotten him into.

"You—...!"

"I was what?! Are you gonna make fun of me again?! Get mad at me for 'LYING'?!" He growled.

Earring flinched and it made him burst into tears. The poor boy began to cry. "I-I'm so sorry!!! You we-w-were right! A—About EVERYTHING!!!" Earring cried as he covered his eyes, tears spilling down his face as if a dam had shattered.

Nickel flinched, not expecting a reaction like this. He expected Earring to be bitter, or... actual like back at home...

"They are horrible! They d-d—did H-HORRIBLE THINGS!!! They hu-hurt me! A-and y-yelled at m-me! Th-they—Sniffle—D-dad d-did... did really bad things too..! You were right! About I-it all!" Earring was a complete mess. He was in uncontrollable tears, and regret.

Nickel was shocked.

Knife and Pickle cringed, they both knew whatever happened between the two, and their family... Wasn't pretty... Of course not knowing what happened, by what they were hearing however. It wasn't good.

"Please!" Earring begged, as he clasped his hands together to plead. "Please forgive me! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have treated you the way I did!!! Please stop hating me! I cant stand the guilt...!"

"Earring..." Nickel sighed. "I honestly thought you were... Still going to disregard my distress... or... Try to defend mom and dad again. But..." Nickel took a deep breath. "If there's evidence you aren't siding with them now, then I don't really hold it against you."

Earring looked shocked.

"You were just a little kid...! And mom and dad gave you everything. Or at least... Everything good at the time... It's going to take some time for me to... Get over some things. But... I don't hate you. Kids are selfish and unreasonable naturally. Hell, I'm still a kid!!! And I act unreasonably and selfish at times! But, that doesn't have to make us terrible people. If you're ready to change. I'm just glad you see the truth." Nickel gave a small smile in reassurance.