Best Friends

The pink lights of the setting sun shined through the window, highlighting the kitchen's most prized treasure chest. An invitation.

But the fridge would not be unguarded for long; Frisk needed to act. Now.

Frisk slipped out of the dark hall and tip toed towards the kitchen, never breaking their gaze from the its door, like it was about to come to life and pounce on them the moment they lowered their guard.

Frisk fell to the floor, rolled under the table and ended up at the bottom of the fridge.

They pressed their ear against the floor: no car engine noise nor door handling to be detected.

Wonderful.

Absolutely wonderful.

It was time.

Frisk swiftly got up and opened the door: and there it was in all its glory. Their eyes sparkled.

It was like mew mew's winking face on the "Mew mew kissy cutie strawberry chocolate special edition cake for the series's 20th anniversary: guaranteed to make you KYAAA!!" container was calling to their very SOUL.

Frisk picked it up and put it on the table. They were almost getting high off the sweet smell as they were opening it. They wiped the drool off their chin and grabbed the knife on the counter. No time to waste.

Frisk menaged the knife with surgical precision, doing their best not to leave any crumbs. They could already taste it, the melt-in-your mouth texture, the sweetness and its bitter after taste, they couldn't wait to finally-

"Well, well, well~."

Frisk jolted, flashing a look at the window, and there he was.

That slimey bastard.

Flowey's leer pierced theirs from the sill.

"Frisk, I can't believe you!" He faked a sob, putting a vine on his mouth as if shocked by the horrible crime he just witnessed. "YOU...! To your own caretaker?! You just... BETRAY her like THIS?! After she trusted you alone in the house..?" He dramatically pointed a vine at them: a deer in the headlights. "How can you live with yourself?!"

"I'm- I'm not doing anything wrong!!" Frisk stammered, knife still firmly in hand.

"Oh really?" He didn't even try to hide his snicker, "Are you telling me she lift up her "no sweets before dinner" rule?" Flowey's facial features melted into Toriel's. "Oh my child!" He let out in a eerily accurate impression of Toriel's voice, "Feel free to indulge in whatever delicacies you crave while I'm gone to the grocery store to buy everything I need for your lovingly made, hard labored meal! It's ok if you spoil your appetite and won't eat it! Your wims are more important than my efforts!" Flowey's melted skin even made it look like she was crying. Cunt.