4 - I like her

Bane

Present

"Bro! Alpha! Are you okay?"

My three underlings came running to me from all sides of the forest.

Brandon came to my side, making sure I was okay while Loki and Hunter ran after her car before trailing off into a stop.

We all watched her ride off in that crappy SUV of hers, and my lashes lowered as I felt blood slip down from the wound on my neck.

"Alpha," Brandon said, catching my attention. "That was heartless! Why are you okay with this?"

I just watched her speed off to school.

But the moment a smile curled my lips, all three guys jumped back.

I just slid my thumb under the wound she made with that knife of hers, and I drew back, finding my skin red.

I stared at it for a moment before gazing up.

Huh... she actually cut me. I didn't think she had the guts to.

I licked the blood off my finger and gazed to where she vanished, the smile curving my lips as I tipped my head to the side.

"I like her," I said then, remembering what happened. "She's got my attention."

"What?" Hunter said, confused.

"She's a fighter," I replied. "A hard one, too. It's going to be hard to break her, but we can try." I gazed up. "But I don't really want to. She's dangerous. I want to see what's behind that mask, though. She's hiding something."

Hunter and Brandon exchanged a look while Loki stared at me.

I moved my eyes to them. "Let's go to school."

"We're supposed to keep a distance, though," Loki stated in disbelief. "You said to because she would've been in denial."

I gazed over at him. "I didn't know that she already knew what I was. I didn't know that her little sister's a cub. There's a change of plans."

"What?" Loki demanded.

"Keep a distance," I stated, gazing up as the wind blew my hair over my face. "She'll come to us. I know it."

"What about—?" Brandon began.

I just put my hand up to shush him. "She doesn't know that she's not human either."

"What about the corrupted?" Brandon said. "Aren't they after her and her family?"

I gazed over at him. "All my sources say they aren't attacking in the slightest. Not for another month at least."

"So..." Loki said, "what now?"

"For now?" I echoed, shaking my head. "This is a game to her, you know. She knows how strict I am and is trying to mess with me. I find her interesting. I've never known a girl who outwardly tries to make an alpha more of an alpha, testing my patience and dominance. She's just asking for something bad to happen. But she doesn't care, because it's a game. And now?" My lashes lowered as a grin spread across my face. "I want to play."