¹⁰ 𝙐𝙉𝙃𝙀𝙍𝘼𝙇𝘿𝙀𝘿

¹⁰ UNHERALDED

¹⁰ UNHERALDED

What doesn't destroy you,
leaves you broken instead.

Seafret, Drown

       HE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED the disappointment in the elder's countenance would deliver relief

       HE WOULD HAVE BELIEVED the disappointment in the elder's countenance would deliver relief. Dale's shock only saddened his grandson, the remorse and realization leaking through the geriatric, tightly-built border that was his wisdom discomfiting Landon.

That emotion urged him to lose calm while Andrea was arguing with their grandfather in the background and Harlene was smiling. As Dale shrunk into himself with each word, saying how he didn't save a life, only took away a choice, and hurt others for his charity, she grew satisfied that someone was forcing sense into his stubborn years.

"You know you're insensitive, yes?" Landon spoke with bitterness. "Is that because you can carry around a gun without restrictions?"

Harlene had nearly not taken it upon herself to answer. She looked back at him twice with confusion, her smile disappearing, "What?"

"You're grinning, Harlene."

She searched her brother's face. Her fingers ghosted over the cold of the pistol Shane and Rick had allowed her to have when everybody else was robbed of the permission as a precaution, "I earned to keep it. I was training while everyone was in their camping paradise, remember?"

"This isn't about your damn gun," He shook his head. Landon gave up on her fast, the heat of the air taking away his will to fight. "Whatever," He hissed. "You're staying here and solving your issues with Dale before any more distance comes between our family."

"Oh, that's what this is about?" She sneered. "As if you'd know anything about family, Lannie. You abandoned us too, didn't you?"

He paused subtly but visibly. His shoulders didn't rise to his inhale, and his eyes widened, making him look menacing with thick brows dragged over them. If he was to speak, he would close the topic off — her voice had raised abruptly, attracting the eyes from one argument to theirs, but Harlene shoved the words down his throat much painfully.