Chapter 1

(Optimus' point of view)
While battling him, I saw Mega Tron move his arm cannon away from me and looked to see a child and her parents standing a foot away from us. "No!", I yelled as the girl's parents used their bodies to take the blow. I punched him away and ran over to where they were. "Please look after her for us.", the couple said as they weakly stood up. Nodding, I used my strength to wrap up the battle and force Mega Tron to retreat and bent over to grab the girl with my right hand. "Mom, Dad, please!", she said. "You must trust him to keep you safe.", they replied as I activated my communications line. "Can anyone there hear me?", I asked. "Yes, Optimus.", Ratchet replied on the other end. "Open a ground bridge for me, Ratchet.", I said. "Can I ask why?", he asked me. "It's probably better if I show you.", I responded. After a few seconds, a ground bridge appeared and I walked through it with the girl as sitting on my right hand. "A child?", Bulkhead asked me as I walked over to them. "What exactly happened to her parents?", Cliff Jumper asked. "They're gone.", I replied as I placed her in his hands. "How?", Ratchet asked. "They used their bodies to shield her from a blast and got fatal injuries. Knowing they weren't really prepared to protect her, they entrusted me with her safety and gave their lives to allow me to bring her here with me.", I replied. "So not only are they dead, but they also entrusted us with the safety of their child.", Arcee said. "Yes.", I replied. "If we're going to protect her, it's best if we know what her name is.", Elita said. "I'm Catalina Sterling, but my parents prefer to call me Kitty.", the girl replied.