My Photographer, Page one.

Hi guys, little note here! This is my very first book. I know to indent and i know not to say " and he, and he, and he." yeah.. that bullshit. If you 'hate' i'll take it as nice criticism! Im writing this on mobile, so it's hard to type quickly like I would on pc or laptop. Try your best to read grammar mistakes! i'll try to fix them as i read over.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

    I walked down the slippery path, my camera clinched hard into my hand and I held it to my chest. My pace quickened, trying to find anything to photograph. I'd barely token a single picture this week and the deprivation was killing me. I soon spotted a little lizard, too small to be crawling on the frozen poles of winter. Gently picking him up I went to snap a photo.

    The light on the camera flashed brightly, making the lizard squirm off. I muttered a sorry and waited for a photo. It had been about 30 seconds and still no photo had came out. I dug my nail into the screw on the back film storage, which to no one's surprise was empty. I let out a groan and my nail dug back into the screw, turning it the opposite way as before. A small click was heard before I stood up from my crouched position. I tucked my camera into my bag, soon throwing it over my shoulder and began to start walking.I neared up to a convenient store. I grabbed the frosty handle, I let out a sharp gasp as the frost had melted and seeped into my cloth gloves.

     The air of the old store pasted by me as i quickly closed the glass door. The warmth hugged me as I let out a satisfied hum. I looked every shelf until finally, at the back of the store on a broken shelf were the last box of film. I looked at the box until i felt a presence beside me. I looked over to see a red head girl beaming at me, as i had the meanest expression on my face from the blistering cold i had once experienced. "Anything you need help with today, Ma'am?" She spoke. Her voice was low but also high pitched. It was a satisfying melody to hear after hours of silence. "Just looking for some film for my camera." I responded, My voice muffled as my jacket had been zipped up to my mouth and over my nose. " Alrighty, anything else you might need?" She quizzed, She still had her smiled stretched across her face. " No." I said, my voice firm and stood up, at that moment i didn't realize how rude that actually sounded. Her braced-out smiled faded and her eyebrows tightened. " Okay." she muttered as she walked off i heard her mumble under her breath. I scoffed and followed her to the checkout counter. "That'll be 4.99, would you like to donate to help endangered animals?" she questioned, all the joy that was once there now gone. I took my bag off and took out my wallet. I put 20.00 dollars into the donation jar and paid for my stuff. I put my bag back on my back as she spoke. " So, do you like animals or is it kinda like a love for nature thing?" she said, the smile was back, and i wasn't complaining. "It's a love for nature thing for sure, everything about it fascinates me." I answered, my figure towered over her. " Thats awesome, it's nice to see people who actually care." she preached. "yeah, what about you? Nature or just an animal person?" i said grabbing my film. "oh nature, all the way." she smiled, letting out a soft smile. "have a good day." she said, noticing i was ready to go. "you too." i smiled back, but she couldn't see that.

   I walked out, still beaming. I sat down on the cement, still 2 hours before i could go home, for what reason? i didn't know. My mom and i called pest patrol for my new apartment, not that it had pest before but to make sure. I took out my camera and placed the new film inside. I sighed as i laid my head back onto the brick wall. I peered into the store as someone walked in. The girl welcomed him just as welcome. Guess it was policy but still hurt a bit down deep. For a quick second i saw her peer at me. I quickly turned back forwards, my face burned red. Why was i acting like this? I was acting like a child. i took a deep inhale, didn't help much. I unzipped my jacket a bit to breath in some fresh air. After a few minutes the guy walked out, and right behind him followed the girl. " Are you crazy, what are you doing out here in the freezing cold?" she said, her voice quivered as she wrapped her hands around her arms. " I don't have anywhere else to go for another hour and fourth five minutes." i replied " Come inside weirdo." she smiled, " if you don't i am!" she went inside and i followed shortly after.