Unknown Number

(Giovanni's POV)

13 Years.

Thats how long it had been since his little sunshine got taken. In that time his relationship with his boys had become strained as they all grew up. And his marrage had failed. The divorce had been final for almost a year now.

At first his wife just blamed him for not protecting their daughter but as it went on she found new things to hate about him.

His work, his friends, his cars, the house. The final straw was when she said she wished she had never had any of their children. And the boys had hear.

He stared at his wedding ring on his desk. He had all the childrens initals engraved on the inside as they where born.

Bruno, now 23. Salvatore now 18 and his twin Antonio also 18. And finally Luna. She had only been 2 when she got taken. She would be 15 now if she was still alive.

The thought alone made Giovanni grip the paper in his hands tighter. She had to be alive. She just had to. She was his princess. His sunshine.

Putting the paper down he smoothed it out. More reports on their shipments. Running the Costello mafia involved a lot more paperwork then one would think.

Leaning back he thought about his lost daughter. Would she have his jet black hair or his ex-wifes almost white blonde hair. His green eyes or his wifes blue eyes. He and Bruno where both over 6 foot and he knew the twins would be too. Be laughed sadly thinking how short his daughter would be next to them.

He strightened up hearing his ringtone and seeing an unknown number. He answered bringing it to his ear.

"Hello ? Is this ... Giovanni Costello ?"
The voice belonged to a woman.

"Speaking."

"Hello im Gina from newhope hospital in Texas. Im calling because your daughters adoptive father has passed and she herself has been admited, normally the police would handle this however it is urgent"

He froze. His daughter, she definatly said daughter. Over the years there where some that clamed to be his daughter trying to get the family bussiness or their money.

"Y-your sure its my daughter.." he asked almost hesitantly.

"Yes we did a DNA match after her father died. Luna Smith formally Luna Costello. Im sorry to rush you sir but it really is urgant i need to know if you will be having custody"

"Yes. Ill be on a plane with in an hour. Ill arrive in about 10 hours"

"Of course sir ill let the doctor treating her know and he will explain the sistuation when you arrive"

The doctor treating her... shit was she hurt. He had to go now. He grabbed his go bag texting his pilot to get the jet ready and then texted Bruno saying he was going to texas and that he would explain everything when he got back.

(Luna's POV)

GOD THIS HURT

The beatings from her father she could take but this.

Childbirth hurt so bad.

And this was only the start.

>>2 hours earlier>>

She sighed as she pushed her self up off her bed - if she could call it that, it was just a thin matress on the floor. She was 8 months pregnant. At 15. She knew her life was a wreak but this was too much.

But she was doing her best to keep the baby even if it was the result of her father selling her to his friend. Her father wasnt home which was weird normally he would of grabbed her hair to wake her up and make her cook breakfast by now.

But she was thankful for the lie in, she had been having bad cramps all night. She carefully climbed down the attic ladder and then went into the bathroom. Another perk of her father being away she could shower for the first time in almost two weeks.

She finished her shower and quickly pulled on her sweatpands and hoodie. She had to beg her father for this once her belly was showing and even when he agreed he still beat her. She sighed feeling her ribs ache and her legs aching from behing kicked the night before. She held her stomach trying to breath as she went next door to her neighbours.

They where a wonderful old couple who since they found out she was pregnant checked in on her always bringing food not that her father let her eat it. She panted as the old woman -maria- opened the door.

"Oh dear whats wrong you dont look well" she said as she helped suport Luna.

"I-i need.. h-hospital" she said as her cramps got worse and she panted. She knew her father would be angry since the doctors would see the brusies and scars and cuts but her baby came first.

Maria quickly nodded grabbing her keys and drove luna to the hospital. The doctors quickly looked her over before getting her into a room as she was having contractions.

She laid on the bed in pain when a police officer walked in along with the doctor that had examined her.

"Now isnt the best time.." the doctor whispered but the officer just went to her side.

"Miss smith i know right now isnt the best however you should be made awear of whats happening." Luna could only nod while wincing as another contraction hit.

"Your father.. your adoptive father mr smith was found unresponsive in bar a few hours ago, officers did go to your house before being told you where here. We did a Dna search and found your father. He has been called and is on his way"

Wait... what ! Her father wasnt her real father. And now her actual father was on the way. Another wave of pain hit as she panted.

"For now just focus on the baby. I can tell you when your fathers here but right now just breath okay" the doctor said softly as they both left.

Hours had past now and the pain was so bad and the baby was kicking too. She held her stomach as she panted and then looked over seeing her doctor speaking to someone.

He was tall easily 6'4, expensive looking suit, neat black hair and emerald green eyes that matched luna's. He was getting more angry as the doctor talked to him and he kept stealing glances at her. Was this her father ?

She got brought out of her thoughts as she got an overwhelming contraction and the urge to push. She quickly hit the call button and the doctor ran in along with the man. The doctor quickly checked her over.

"Its time to push."

Two hours of pushing. Two hours. And the man held her hand the whole time whispering encoraging words to her in what she thought was italian. Finally her baby was born.

"Its a little girl." The doctor said happily gently handing her the little baby all snuggled up in a pink blanket.

Luna held her softly and smiled happily as she started crying. She was so perfect

"My little rose"