That's Detention.

"Parry. Parry. Evade. Blam. Uppercut. Head slam. You're dead. Strike. Strike. Counter-strike. Head slam." Spencer played his video game as he sat against the footboard of his bed.

Spencer picked up his phone as a text came through from Fridge.

"I got it." Spencer typed back to Fridge, before rushing to his computer and finishing homework.

"Spencer? Honey?" Spencer's Mum came stumbling into the room.

"Mum, what did we say about the knocking?" Spencer turned to his Mum alarmed.

"I'm late for work. Are you going to your Father's straight after school?" Spencer's Mum looked at him from the door.

"Yeah, probably." Spencer looked at his Mum.

"Don't forget your EpiPen. And, please, remember, the world is a terrifying place. Be careful of everything. I love you more than life itself. Bye." Spencer's Mum watched him carefully.

"See you Sunday night." Spencer's Mum blew him a kiss before closing the door.

"Okay." Spencer rolled his eyes.

Spencer printed out the homework, sanitised his hands and grabbed his yellow raincoat.

* Freak House *

Spencer stared at the house, removing his hood from his head.

"Yo." Fridge walked over to him.

"Hey, Fridge." Spencer turned to him.

"Why you wearing a raincoat?" Fridge frowned confused.

"What do you mean?" Spencer looked down at his yellow raincoat.

"I mean, it's not raining." Fridge looked at Spencer expectantly.

"Oh. Well, it might. I mean, you never know what's gonna happen." Spencer shrugged.

A squirrel jumped from the tree onto the gate, and Spencer screamed in fear and shock.

"What the hell man?" Fridge looked from the squirrel to Spencer.

"Do you mind? Can we just speed this up? Freak House makes me very uncomfortable. Here you go." Spencer pulled the assignment out of his bag, handing it to Fridge.

"You proofread everything?" Fridge flicked through the paper.

"Yeah, I proofed it. And I gave it a beginning..and an ending, and some in the middle." Spencer looked around awkwardly.

"Look, man. I would've done it myself, if I had the time or whatever...but.." Fridge looked around nervously.

"Yeah, it's no big deal. Hey, man, I was thinking so... I mean, it's been really fun...doing your papers and your homework and stuff...but I don't know what you're doing this weekend...but I was thinking maybe we could.." Spencer looked at Fridge.

"This weekend. Yeah...uh.." Fridge looked for an excuse.

"Hey, Fridge." A car pulled up across the road.

"Hey." Fridge looked over.

"You need a ride?" The girl gestured to her car.

"I'm going with her." Fridge looked back at Spencer.

"You know what? That's actually better for m, scheduling wise, too, so... See you later refrigerator. Sorry. Sorry." Spencer winced as Fridge turned back to look at him, unhappily.

"What up, girl?" Fridge climbed into the passengers seat.

"Whatever. It's not like I was your best friend your entire childhood. That's fine." Spencer watched them drive off.